Jalapeño Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Jalapeño Cream Cheese Stuffed MushroomsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
16 oz crimini or button mushrooms with stems
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 medium-large jalapeño (1/4 cup minced)
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper to taste (I added 1/8 tsp each)
2 oz sharp white cheddar cheese, grated (approx. 1/2 cup plus extra for topping)
3-4 TBSP panko breadcrumbs (skip for GF + keto)
4 oz cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, or spritz with olive oil spray if preferred.
- Clean mushrooms by dusting off the caps with a paper towel and remove the stems. Place mushroom tops on your baking sheet and set aside.
- Finely mince the stems and measure out 1 cup of mushroom stems for your filling.
- Mince your jalapeño and garlic clove. The seeds help control the heat, so for less spicy mushrooms take out all the seeds. For a little kick add a few into the filling and for spicy mushrooms, include all the seeds!
- Melt oil in a pan or skillet over medium-high heat and add your minced mushroom stems, jalapeño, and garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until tender then season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dice your cream cheese into small cubes (to help it melt faster) and add it to the pan, stirring until melted. Mix in grated white cheddar cheese and remove from heat.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into each mushroom cap then sprinkle with a little extra white cheddar. If desired, top with panko breadcrumbs as well.
- Bake at 375 F for approx. 15-20 minutes or until filling it hot and melty and the mushrooms are deliciously tender. Dive in while they’re hot!
- If you find good medium-sized mushrooms caps you’ll have about 16 stuffed mushrooms. Smaller mushrooms will hold less filling so I usually grab the package with the biggest baby portobello (crimini) or button mushrooms I can find. If they’re even bigger than the ones I used you may end up with 12-14 stuffed shrooms.
- Nutrition Facts below are an estimated using an online recipe nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed.
- Source: https://peasandcrayons.com/2018/11/jalapeno-cream-cheese-stuffed-mushrooms.html