Easy Cucumber Salad with Fresh Dill
With only 7 ingredients on hand, namely English cucumbers, distilled white vinegar, red onion, fresh dill, water, salt and sugar, you can make a good salad for meals. Easy cucumber salad with fresh dill. This salad tastes so good and is suitable to make at any time, especially during scorching days of summer.
This cucumber salad is also Way easier to make than you think. Season cucumber with salt and let sit for an hour, drain liquid and toss with sliced onions, pour homemade white vinegar over the salad, stir in dill, then toss to combine. Then a tasty and flavorful salad is ready to serve. Easy, right? Just 7 steps, including making the dressing. Any of you can make a great job with it. Believe us!
If you are looking for an easy yet tasty salad, this cucumber salad with fresh dill is the way to go. I’ve tried it many times with my family and it still got us hooked. Serving it with grilled, roasted, or baked chicken and shrimp when it’s hot out, you have a delicious meal. Let’s get started!
Easy Cucumber Salad with Fresh DillCourse: Sides, SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
With only 7 ingredients on hand, namely English cucumbers, distilled white vinegar, red onion, fresh dill, water, salt and sugar, you can make a good salad for meals. Easy cucumber salad with fresh dill.
2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 cup distilled white vinegar
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Season cucumbers with salt in a large bowl and let it sit for 1 hour.
- Drain liquids and toss with onion slices.
- Heat a small saucepan over high heat. Pour in white vinegar and water. Stir in sugar and whisk until dissolved and liquid turns clear, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over cucumbers and onions. Stir in dill. Toss to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.