Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
Chicken Tacos are back! As previous posts about chicken tacos have drawn interest of many, we’re glad to share more good recipes for them. And, today is about Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos. They’re an easy yet tasty dinner at any of you can make at home. Cook chicken in the slow cooker until done, let cool, shred with forks, divide between baked taco shells (or tortillas), then add topping and dressing. The mixtures come out crazy good. Believe us!
Chicken Tacos is first defined by the chicken. With this recipe, chicken is placed into the bottom of a slow cooker (crock pot), sprinkled evenly with taco seasoning, topped with salsa, lime juice, and cilantro, then covered and cooked until cooked through. The cooking time is long but requires almost no effort. Just set the cooking mode and let it process. Then, you can serve these tacos for meals even when you’re busy.
If you are fans of chicken tacos or slow cooker dinner, just add these to your menu. I’ve tried them with my family and they worked so well. To best serve or make it a bit different (for family), you can top it with toppings of your choice, sour cream, for instance. And you, ready to give it a try?
Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken TacosCourse: MainCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Medium
Chicken Tacos is first defined by the chicken. With this recipe, chicken is placed into the bottom of a slow cooker (crock pot), sprinkled evenly with taco seasoning, topped with salsa, lime juice, and cilantro, then covered and cooked until cooked through.
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, fresh or frozen
1 (16oz) jar salsa
1 packet taco seasoning mix
juice from two limes
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of a crock out. Sprinkle with taco seasoning evenly on top. Cover with salsa, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 4 hours on high, or 6-7 hours on low.
- Once done, transfer chicken to a separate bowl and shred with two forks.
- Moisten chicken with small amounts of juice left in crockpot.
- Lay out prepared taco shells or tortillas. Add cooked shredded chicken on top.
- Lay with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, cheese, sour cream.
- Finish off with a drizzle of ranch dressing of your choice.