20-Minute Fried Rice
20-Minute Fried RiceCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
4 cups cooked and chilled rice (or white or brown rice)
3 eggs whisked
1 teaspoon sesame oil
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 medium carrots small dice
1 small onion, small diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 tablespoons butter, divided
sliced green onions for garnish, if desired
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add eggs and scramble into small pieces until fully cooked. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of butter into pan.
- Stir in carrots and onion. Stir and cook until tender, for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add garlic and cook for a minute more, until fragrant.
- Add cold rice and peas to skillet. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until rice brown up a bit.
- Bring egg back to skillet and stir in soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes to heat through.
- Turn off heat. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
- Serve immediately!