Veggie Fried Rice
Veggie Fried RiceCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
3 cups cooked white rice (or leftover rice)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup finely chopped onion
½ cup chopped carrots
½ cup chopped red bell pepper
½ cup frozen peas
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons soy sauce or more to taste
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste
sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and carrot, stir and cook 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in red bell pepper and continue to cook 2-3 minutes more. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Pour remaining oil into pan; add eggs and cook, stirring occasionally. Break up with a spatula until eggs are scrambled and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice, reserved cooked veggies and frozen peas to pan. Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix gently until thoroughly combined and warmed through, for 3-4 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, add more soy sauce, if desired.
- Turn off heat. Sprinkled with sliced green onions, if desired.
- Serve immediately!