Classic Potato Salad
Potatoes are a versatile food that’s easy to cook. And, salad is one of my favorite recipes for these. This classic potato salad is then worth recommending. It’s a flavorful creamy mix of potatoes, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, red onion, chopped pickles, hard boiled eggs, paprika, chives, salt and peppers. Giving it a try, and you will fall in love with it immediately!
Classic Potato SaladCourse: Sides, Lunch, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This classic potato salad is an appealing side dish and even a tasty full meal. To get full with it, you can eat it with chopped lettuce. Yummy!
3 lb. yukon gold potatoes, chopped into 1” pieces
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 c. chopped pickles
1/2 tsp. paprika
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c. finely chopped chives
butterhead lettuce, for serving
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Cover with water and season generously with salt.
- Bring water to a boil and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a knife, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Drain and let cool slightly.
- Combine mayonnaise, red onion, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, pickles and paprika in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in cooked potatoes, eggs, and chives, then season with salt and pepper. Keep in fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve over butterhead lettuce.