Fried Cabbage and Potatoes
Prefer quick-prep meal yet loaded with taste and flavor? This fried cabbage and potatoes with bacon is right up your street! It first came to this delicious dish by chance. My sister who are a real homemade food lover recommended me this. After cooking it for the first time, it’s immediately added to my family cookbook. Then, daily cooking time would be more interesting!
As its name may suggest, this dish is shredded green cabbage stir-fried with crispy crumbled bacon, chopped potatoes, and salt and pepper. It takes you only 25 minutes to cook but is worth more than that. It tastes so good and looks impressive too. You may serve it as a side dish (eaten with chicken, beef, pork or shrimp dishes) or a light meal. I’ve tried both with my family and it successfully got us hooked. My kids who are not fond of cabbage also give it a nod.
If you love cabbage and want it to combine well with potatoes, just give fried cabbage and potatoes with bacon a try. As easy to make and quick to serve, you can definitely serve it for busy weekday’s meals. At the weekend, if you do not have a lot of mood for cooking, this cabbage also helps. The point here is to get the recipe on hand and turn it into homemade food whenever you want. Let’s get started!
Fried Cabbage and PotatoesCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
As its name may suggest, this dish is shredded green cabbage stir-fried with crispy crumbled bacon, chopped potatoes, and salt and pepper. It takes you only 25 minutes to cook but is worth more than that.
10 ounces green cabbage, shredded
5 strips bacon
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 Russet potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fry bacon on a large nonstick pan over medium heat for about 10 minutes until crispy; flipping occasionally.
- Transfer to a paper towel to drain. When cool, crumble into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces.
- Add potatoes, cabbage, salt, and pepper to pan, stirring with the bacon drippings. Cover and cook until potatoes and cabbage are tender, removing the lid to occasionally stir.
- Add in minced garlic, stirring with the other ingredients until fragrant, about a minute.
- Remove pan from heat. Add crumbled bacon and serve.