Country Breakfast Skillet
Country Breakfast SkilletCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
¾ lb bacon (about 12 slices)
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup diced red potatoes
½ cup chopped green peppers
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces. Fry in a skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until crisp; stirring often.
- Carefully drain off about ½ fat and return to stovetop.
- Add potatoes and peppers to skillet. Stir and cook for about 8-10 minutes until potatoes are golden brown.
- Gather bacon, potato and pepper mixture into a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Return skillet to stovetop. Crack 4 eggs, separately into skillet and let cook for about 1 minute, until egg whites set. Make sure not to stir.
- Spoon potato, pepper, bacon mixture around eggs, sprinkle in cheese and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately!