Easy Breakfast Chilaquiles
Easy Breakfast ChilaquilesCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
4 cups thick tortilla chips
4 ounces chorizo sausage
3/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
2 sliced and diced avocados
3/4 cup diced white onions
2 cups salsa verde
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sauté onions with chorizo in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Cook until chorizo starts to brown and nearly cooked through.
- Pour in salsa verde. Increase heat to medium high and bring mixture to a slow boil. Scrape up any brown bits. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until sauce thickens; stirring occasionally.
- Add tortilla chips, by handful to skillet. Toss until chips are thoroughly covered in sauce.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Make a well in sauce and chips; using a large spoon. Crack 1 egg into it. Repeat with remaining 3 eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until whites are set and yolks just start to set, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and top with cheese, cilantro, and avocado.
- Let cool a bit and serve!