Herb Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Herb Goat Cheese Stuffed MushroomsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
12 oz cremini or button mushrooms
1/2 TBSP fresh parsley
1 TBSP fresh chopped scallions or chives
1/4 cup Italian-seasoned panko optional
2-3 oz whipped cream cheese
4 oz goat cheese
extra virgin olive oil for drizzling (optional)
sweet balsamic glaze for drizzling
- First up, do you have a hand mixer? FAB! Use it to whip your goat cheese into fluffy amazingness.
- You could also use a small food processor to do the trick or let the goat cheese get ultra soft at room temperature, add a little drizzle of honey, and mix it up with some elbow grease and a fork. Game on.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel + remove stems.
- If using panko, lightly toast it by bringing a skillet to medium high heat with a drizzle of oil. Add panko and toast until golden, stirring frequently for about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine goat cheese, whipped cream cheese, green onion, parsley, and mix well. A drizzle of honey would also be delicious here!
- Spoon a dollop into each mushroom. You can also add the filling to a piping bag or plastic bag with the edge cut off and pipe the filling into the shrooms
- Arrange on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for approx. 15-20 minutes, or until filling is warm and mushrooms are tender.
- Top with panko (optional) and garnish the tray with some extra parsley for a burst of color. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and you’re good to go!
- Dig in and devour while they’re hot!
- No cream cheese? No problem! These can be made exclusively with whipped goat cheese.
- Garnish with extra parsley and some peppery arugula for plating. These would also be AMAZING on an arugula or spinach salad with ripe tomatoes and a simple vinaigrette.
- Nutrition facts below are an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed and see post below for special diets and swaps.
- Source: https://peasandcrayons.com/2017/02/herbed-goat-cheese-stuffed-mushrooms.html