Stuffed Mushrooms with Cream Cheese
Stuffed Mushrooms with Cream CheeseCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
12 whole mushrooms
- I used stuffing mushrooms
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or omit if you don’t like spice
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Break off stems of mushrooms and set aside. Place mushrooms, top side down onto prepared baking sheet.
- Add butter and garlic to a skillet. Dice mushroom stems and add to skillet. Cook over medium heat until mushrooms begin to soften. Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and spices and reduce heat to low. Continue to cook and mix until cheese is melted.
- Use a 1 tablespoon portion scoop to fill the mushrooms. Fill the scoop half way and press the filing into the mushroom. Place another half filled scoop on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until hot. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
- Source: https://www.saltysidedish.com/stuffed-mushrooms/