Hibachi-Style Fried Rice
Hibachi-Style Fried RiceCourse: Dinner, MainCuisine: JapaneseDifficulty: Easy
2 cups previously cooked long-grain white rice
1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
1/4 cup peas
1/2 cup white onion, chopped
peanut butter sauce
2 tablespoons less sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon canola oil, for frying
- Prepare white rice according to instructions on package, let cool and set aside.
- Chop all vegetables into finely chopped pieces. Gather in separate bowls and set aside.
- To make peanut butter sauce, microwave butter for 10-15 seconds to soften.
- Stir in soy sauce and garlic powder. Mix to combine thoroughly. Set aside.
- Heat oi in a large skillet or wok on medium- high heat.
- Crack in egg and cook until no longer runny. Scramble into small pieces; using the tip of a spatula.
- Stir in vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice and stir in peanut butter sauce. Mix well until fully coated and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off heat and garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately!