15-Minute Fried Shrimp
15-Minute Fried ShrimpCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Easy
4 cups cooked rice
1 lb small shrimp, deveined and cleaned
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 cup peas and carrots, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup whole kernel corn, fresh or frozen
3 green onions chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Clean and devein shrimp. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss with cornstarch.
- Crack eggs in small bowl, beat well and set aside.
- Heat canola and sesame oils in a large skillet. Add shrimp and cook until pink. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add more oil to skillet, if needed. Add green onions and fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in rice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and turmeric. Stir until heated through.
- Push rice one side of skillet. Add beaten eggs, scramble into small pieces, and cook until set. Combine with rice and stir well.
- Add peas and carrots and corn. Stir to heat through.
- Add shrimp to skillet. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Turn off heat and garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately!
- For the best result, you should used rice that was cooked and stored in the fridge overnight. Fresh one will change the texture and make the whole dish sticky.