Lobster BisqueCourse: SoupsCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Medium
4 lobster tails frozen in shells (or fresh)
1 cup dry white wine
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cups lobster stock
2 cups heavy cream
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
1/2 cup onion chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic minced
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon tomato paste and more for flavor
- Boil lobster tails for 6-8 minutes or until shells are bright red. Remove to cool and reserve water to use later (as stock).
- Peel lobster for remove meat. Leave shells, return to water and boil for another 10 minutes. Strain lobster stock and reserve 2 cups; using fine mesh strainer.
- Chop lobster meat into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized sauce pan over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic; stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in wine, followed by Worcestershire, celery salt, thyme, paprika, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Stir again to well combine.
- Add in tomato paste and reserved lobster stock. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Bring mixture back to pot, if needed. Add in heavy cream and butter. Season with salt, if needed.
- Add lobster meat and continue to simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve!