Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Mushrooms
Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed MushroomsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 green pepper, diced
1 cup diced sweet onion
1 red pepper, julienned
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
4 oz. shredded provolone cheese
parsley for garnish
6 large portobello mushrooms, stem and gills removed
8 oz. top sirloin steak, if more than an 1″ thick thinly slice in half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove stems and gills from each portobello mushrooms. Place on a baking sheet. Spray both sides of the mushroom with oil (or cooking spray) and season with salt. Set aside.
- Season both sides of top sirloin with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to high heat.
- Spray with cooking spray and place top sirloin in pan. Sear both sides of the steak, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove steak from pan and let rest. Immediately spray pan with cooking spray again and add peppers and onions to the pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and onions are somewhat translucent.
- Add vegetables to a large bowl.
- Thinly slice the top sirloin and add to the bowl with the sautéed vegetables. Next to that same bowl add, sour cream, mayonnaise, prepared horseradish, garlic powder, ground black pepper and provolone cheese. Using a spoon, stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Stuff each portobello mushroom with steak mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve!
- Source: https://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com/philly-cheese-steak-stuffed-mushrooms/