Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Sausage Stuffed MushroomsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
16 oz. mushrooms baby bella or white
12 oz. sweet Italian sausage, taken out of the casing
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
6 oz. cream cheese
3 garlic cloves
2 tbsp. minced parsley
2 tbsp. olive oil
Fresh cracked black pepper
1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, for topping
1 tbsp. minced parsley, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Wash mushrooms and carefully take off stems. Lightly toss mushroom caps with olive oil and set aside. Reserve stems.
- Heat oil in a medium cooking pan over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking up into smaller pieces.
- Dice mushroom stems and add to sausage skillet about half way through cooking. Cook until sausage is done.
- Add cooked sausage, cream cheese, pressed garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, and Mozzarella cheese in a small bowl. Mix well to incorporated.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with some sausage mixture, pressing it in gently and add enough to have a dome on top.
- Place mushroom caps in baking dish. Sprinkle with a little more cheese and parsley on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes.
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool for few minutes.
- Garnish with some parsley, if desired. Serve!