Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Quick Crab Stuffed MushroomsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 box (8 ounce) cream cheese softened
12 large white button mushrooms cleaned with stems removed and discarded
Olive oil spray
1 cup cooked shelled crab finely chopped (I use King Crab)
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
2 cloves minced garlic
2–3 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly spray mushrooms with olive oil spray and arrange mushrooms cap side down on a cookie sheet. In a large bowl mix cream cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, green onions, Parmesan, parsley and crab.
- Scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of filling into each mushroom. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the broiler on the last minute of cooking to lightly brown the tops. Stay close by as I have always found broilers unpredictable.
- You can add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper for a little kick.
- Source: https://www.smalltownwoman.com/quick-creamy-crab-stuffed-mushrooms/