Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
These Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms surely get you hooked! They are mushroom caps stuffed with a delicious mixture of mushroom stems, garlic, spinach, cream cheese, basil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. These are then sprinkled with panko breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese mixture on top. Finally, they’re baked in the oven until filling is hot and melty and mushrooms are tender. Who can resist them? My family can’t.
If you have cravings for stuffed mushrooms, you should never miss these for meal. They are an appealing food to get the meal started in the right direction. If you want to serve them alongside the meal, just go for them. They’re a great side dish of grilled, baked, roasted chicken, beef and shrimp. Yummy!
I was first introduced these cheesy spinach stuffed mushrooms by my sister. She is a real homemade food lover and mushroom addict. She has made different meals with mushrooms. When she served these mushrooms to her family, they all fell in love with them right away. And, she tells me the recipe right. I give it a try and it keeps me satisfied. And you, ready to turn it into your homemade food? Here we go!
Cheesy Spinach Stuffed MushroomsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms surely get you hooked! They are mushroom caps stuffed with a delicious mixture of mushroom stems, garlic, spinach, cream cheese, basil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. These are then sprinkled with panko breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese mixture on top.
12 medium-large cremini mushrooms (baby portobellos) approx. 12-14 ounces total
1 TBSP unsalted butter
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt or to taste
2 TBSP panko breadcrumbs (skip for gluten-free + keto)
2 TBSP freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic
2,5-3 cups fresh baby spinach (packed)
4 oz cream cheese (cut into 6-8 cubes)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Prefer not to line it? Spritz it with oil and you’re good to go.
- Clean mushrooms by dusting off the caps with a paper towel and remove the stems. Place mushroom tops on your baking sheet and set aside.
- Mince the mushroom stems and garlic.
- Melt butter in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and add your minced mushrooms and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes then add the spinach.
- Once the spinach has wilted, add cream cheese, basil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and stir it all up until the cream cheese has melted. Fold in 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese and remove from heat.
- Combine 2 TBSP panko breadcrumbs with 2 TBSP grated parm.
- Spoon spinach mixture into each mushroom cap then sprinkle each with the parm/panko mixture.
- Bake at 375 F for approx. 15 minutes or until filling it hot and melty and the mushrooms are deliciously tender. Dive in while they’re hot!
- For a vibrant and flavorful garnish, feel free to add fresh chopped chives or parsley on top!
- We’ve had good luck with making these a few hours ahead of time and keeping them tightly wrapped on a baking sheet or plate in the fridge before baking. If prepping these ahead of time, simply add the panko/parm topping just before baking. The chilled mushrooms will take a little longer to bake, approx. 20-25 minutes.
- Source: https://peasandcrayons.com/2018/10/cheesy-spinach-stuffed-mushrooms.html