Spaghetti Squash Pizza Nests
Spaghetti Squash Pizza Nests are here. Packed with flavors and texture, these cute little pizzas are a perfect food for breakfast, brunch and snack. As spaghetti squash is low in carbs, these are also friendly to keto and low-carb diets. If you are finding something good and fun-to-eat to treat your kids, these pizza nests are the way to go. Enjoy!
Spaghetti Squash Pizza NestsCourse: Lunch, Dinner, SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
If you are finding something good to make with spaghetti squash, these spaghetti squash pizza nests are the way to go.
1 medium spaghetti squash, halved
2 c. pizza sauce
1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
1/2 c. mini pepperoni
1/3 c. grated Parmesan
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F and prepare a medium baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle cut side of spaghetti squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to baking sheet, cut side down, and bake until tender, 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of your squash. Reduce heat to 375°F when finished baking.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before then shred into spaghetti pieces with 2 forks. Place into a bowl and combine with parmesan and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer 1/4 c squash to a greased muffin pan, pressing down on bottoms and side to create cups. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Spoon pizza sauce into each cup, top with mozzarella and mini pepperonis.
- Bring back to oven and bake for 8-10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with parsley and serve.