Bacon Wrapped Cabbage
The super simple yet crazy good bacon wrapped cabbage is one of the best side dishes to make at any time. Here are the reasons. First, it’s incredibly easy to make. Second, it tastes so good while containing less carbs than you think. Those who are adopting low-carb diets, should never miss it for meals. And finally, cabbage and bacon can be found at stores at any time. It means that you can make this dish whenever you have appetite for.
With only 2 ingredients on hand, cabbage and bacon, you can make a delicious side dish for meals. Cabbage is cut into wedges or into large chunks, wrapped up thoroughly with bacon, then baked in the oven until cabbage is tender and bacon is crisp. The cabbage finishes off with sprinkle of black pepper. To best serve, you can drizzle these wedges with a tasty and flavorful dressing (or sauce) of your choice. Yummy!
If you are finding something tasty to make with cabbage, this bacon wrapped cabbage is the way to go. I’ve tried it with my family and it worked so well. My kids eat up all the veggie without getting bored with. My husband even prefer it for light dinner. And you, ready to give it a try? Let’s get started!
Bacon Wrapped CabbageCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Cabbage is cut into wedges or into large chunks, wrapped up thoroughly with bacon, then baked in the oven until cabbage is tender and bacon is crisp. The cabbage finishes off with sprinkle of black pepper.
1 medium head cabbage
1 pound bacon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a 9″x13″ sheet pan.
- Slice cabbage into wedges or into large chunks by cutting in half then in quarter.
- Wrap each wedge or chunk with bacon. Secure with a toothpick at each end.
- Place wrapped cabbage into pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Flip cabbage over and bake for more 15 minutes; until cabbage is tender and bacon is crisp.
- Remove and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Serve immediately with a sauce of your choice.