Broccoli Cashew Fried Rice
Broccoli Cashew Fried RiceCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Easy
1 large head broccoli (10 oz. florets, about 4 cups)
1 cup roasted cashews
1 tbsp. grated ginger
2-3 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
1 small onion
3-4 cloves garlic
Sesame seeds for topping
- Prepare rice according to package’s instructions.
- Cut onion into thinly slices. Mince garlic, grate ginger and cut broccoli into florets. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 8-10 minutes until translucent.
- Add in garlic, ginger, and broccoli. Stir well to combine.
- Add 1/4 cup water (or vegetable broth), cover with a lid and let it steam for 5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Add cashews and tamari, and stir to combine well with other ingredients. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until broccoli is desired tenderness.
- Once done, remove from heat.
- To assemble, top cashew mixture over a warm bed of rice.