Chicken Cobb Salad
- 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- * salt and black pepper to taste
- * 1 tablespoon olive oil
- * 2 avocados peeled pitted and cut into slices (or chopped)
- * 4 cups chopped mixed green lettuce
- * 3 hard boiled eggs peeled and sliced
- * 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- * 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- * ½ cucumber sliced in rounds or chopped
- * ½ cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
For the vinaigrette:
- * 3-4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- * 2 tablespoons sour cream
- * ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- * 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- * Salt and pepper to taste
- In a resealable zip-top bag add chicken, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and garlic and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a resealable zip-top bag, add chicken, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and garlic and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
To make the hard boiled eggs:
- Place the eggs in a medium pot and fill with enough water to cover the eggs.
- Cover with lid and set the pot over high heat and bring the water to a rolling boil
- As soon as the water comes to a boil, immediately remove the pot from the heat and allow to sit, covered for 15 minutes. Using tongs, transfer eggs to a large bowl with ice cold water and keep running the cold water into the bowl until the water stays cool (or alternatively place in an ice bath). Allow eggs to sit in the chilled water until completely cool (I leave mine for about 8-10 minutes). Once the eggs are cool, crack, peel and slice.
Grill the chicken:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F. Remove the chicken from the grill and tent with foil. Let it rest and cool a bit for about 10 minutes and then slice or chop into bite-sized pieces.
Assemble the salad:
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Drizzle 1 teaspoon over the sliced avocado (to prevent from browning).
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, then top with cooked pasta, eggs, avocado, bacon, tomatoes, cucumber and cheese. Drizzle with dressing right before serving.