Antipasto SaladCourse: Salads, SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- For Salad
1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
4 cups chopped mixed green lettuce
3 hard boiled eggs peeled and sliced
6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
½ cucumber sliced in rounds or chopped
2 avocados peeled pitted and cut into slices (or chopped)
½ cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
1 tbsp. olive oil
salt and black pepper to taste
- For Vinaigrette
2 tbsp. sour cream
3-4 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chicken, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and garlic in a resealable zip-top bag. Give it a shake and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Remove chicken from grill and tent with foil. Let it sit and cool a bit for about 10 minutes. Slice or chop into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Add all ingredients for vinaigrette in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Drizzle 1 teaspoon over sliced avocado.
- To assemble, add lettuce in a large bowl. Top with cooked pasta, eggs, avocado, bacon, tomatoes, cucumber and cheese. Drizzle with dressing.
- Serve immediately!