Chicken Fried Rice
We just love chicken! Baked chicken, grilled chicken, stir-fried chicken, chicken stew, chicken soup, chicken salad, chicken casserole, and chicken tacos are all my family’s favorites. Chicken Fried Rice that we’ve eaten recently also got us hooked. Just daily ingredients. The point here is that they combine well and taste amazing.
Chicken fried rice is a delicious mix of diced chicken, cooked jasmine rice, frozen peas and carrots, onions (green and yellow), eggs, tamari, sesame oil, garlic, butter, and salt and pepper (to taste). Ready in less than 30 minutes, it’s great for busy weekday’s dinners. I’ve tried it with my family and it worked so well. If you are finding tasty yet quick-prep lunch, this fried rice also helps. Yummy!
If you are big fans of fried rice, you should never miss this for meal. Easy yet delicious, it makes my kids fall in love with. They sometimes drizzle some soy sauce over the rice to enjoy a better taste. My husband loves to add some crispy bacon to the rice. Well, it just fits the taste of my family. If you have an appetite for this chicken fried rice while on low-carb diet, you should swap white rice with cauliflower rice. It still tastes good. Believe us!
Chicken Fried RiceCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Chicken fried rice is a delicious mix of diced chicken, cooked jasmine rice, frozen peas and carrots, onions (green and yellow), eggs, tamari, sesame oil, garlic, butter, and salt and pepper (to taste). Ready in less than 30 minutes, it’s great for busy weekday’s dinners.
1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 3/4-inch pieces
3 cups cooked jasmine rice
2 tbsp. butter, divided
3 1/2 tbsp. tamari (gluten free) or low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt some butter in a large skillet (or wok) over medium-high heat. Add chicken, salt and pepper, and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 6 – 7 minutes.
- Transfer cooked chicken into a plate, and set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to the pan. Add onions, carrots and peas; stir fry until tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Push veggies aside, and scramble eggs on the empty side of the pan.
- Stir egg and veggies together. Add remaining butter to the pan.
- Add in rice, green onions, soy sauce and chicken and combine. Leave them alone for a minute to little toasty.
- Stir everything up, and allow the rice to sort of crisp up again.
- Turn off the heat, and drizzle sesame oil over the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Source: https://www.apinchofhealthy.com/chicken-fried-rice/