Creamy Parmesan One Pot Chicken and Rice
Creamy Parmesan One Pot Chicken and RiceCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
1.5 pounds chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup long grain white rice
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced (3 teaspoons)
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
parsley for serving, optional
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, until beginning to soften.
- Add diced chicken and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Stir fry and cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is golden on all sides.
- Add garlic and cook for one more minute; stirring constantly. Stir in chicken broth and rice. Mix to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 17-20 minutes, until rice is completely tender.
- Stir in heavy cream and parmesan until cheesy and creamy. Serve immediately. Garnish with parsley if desired.