Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
Chicken & Wild Rice SoupCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or finely diced
4.3-ounce box of Rice a Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice + seasoning packet
½ cup all-purpose flour
32 ounces chicken stock
2 cups milk, divided
½ cup carrots, finely diced
½ cup celery, finely diced
1 medium onion finely diced
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups water
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper, to taste
scallions, for garnish
- Gather carrots, celery, onion, and olive oil in a 6-quart Dutch oven or soup pot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes; or until onions are translucent.
- Stir in garlic, chicken stock, water, and 1 cup of milk. Combine well with a spatula.
- Add pepper, dried oregano, bay leaf, and shredded chicken. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together 1 cup of milk and ½ cup flour until no lumps remain.
- Pour into soup mixture and whisk to combined.
- Add in long grain and wild rice and seasoning packet. Mix until combined. Let it simmer for 20 more minutes, until rice is tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh scallions and serve hot. Enjoy!