Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
Chicken and Wild Rice CasseroleCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
2 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
1 (6oz) package long grain and wild rice mix
1 (10.5oz) can condensed chicken with white and wild rice soup or cream of chicken soup
½ cup sour cream
⅓ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
⅓ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
½ cup medium onion, chopped
½ cup stalk celery, chopped
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. snipped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- Prepare wild rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 2-quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook until tender.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, wine, and basil. Stir in cooked rice and chicken.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered, about 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 10 minutes. Serve.