Easy Sauteed Cabbage
Sautéed Cabbage is one of the simplest yet tastiest and least carb side dishes that you can make at any time of the year. I’ve tried it with family meals and it actually worked. My kids are glad to eat this simple cabbage though it’s processed easily. My husband who tries to cut carbs after New Year’s dinners, has added this to his diet since the beginning.
Head green cabbage is finely sliced, then stir fried with fragrant onion and garlic until browned to you desire. The food finishes off with a drizzle of red pepper flake or salt (or pepper) on top. This sautéed cabbage is great to eat on its own, pair with fish, or serve with rice or noodles. It really depends on your cuisine, diet and taste. To my family, we prefer eating it with oven- baked or grilled salmon. Yummy!
This easy sautéed cabbage is ready in just 12 minutes (both preparing and cooking). Then it’s enough to make for busy weekday’s meals. As cabbage is low in carb, this cabbage should be on the menu of keto and low-carb eaters. Let’s give them a try to find why!
Easy Sauteed CabbageCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Sautéed Cabbage is one of the simplest yet tastiest and least carb side dishes that you can make at any time of the year. I’ve tried it with family meals and it actually worked.
1 medium head green cabbage, sliced into 3/4″ thick slices
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. butter, cut into 2 pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until it is tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add in garlic and continue to stir fry for more 30 seconds.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add about 1/3 of cabbage to skillet and stir to mix with onion and garlic. Let it alone until cabbage start to brown.
- Using a spatula, flip cabbage over and fry on the other side slightly. Season with a dash of salt.
- Add another 1/3 of cabbage and 1 tablespoon butter. Flip cabbage again after a couple minutes. Finish with remaining cabbage and last tablespoon of butter.
- Once cabbage is browned to your desire, season with salt to taste and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat, drizzle with red pepper flakes, if preferred. Serve.