Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onions and Bell Peppers
Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onions and Bell PeppersCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 medium cabbage head, roughly chopped
3 pork bacon strips, cut in thick bites
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1/4 tbsp. red pepper flakes
1 tbsp. hot sauce
1/3 cup of water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large non-stick skillet with oil on medium heat. Add bacon, bell pepper, and onion. Sauté and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to skillet. Stir well.
- Pour in water and chopped cabbage. Cook for about 20-25 minutes, or until the water evaporates; stirring occasionally.
- Continue to fry cabbage for 10 minutes more.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in the hot sauce. Serve.