Philly Cheesesteak Cabbage Wraps
Philly Cheesesteak Cabbage WrapsCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
8 large green cabbage leaves
1 lb. skirt steak, thinly sliced
6 slices provolone
1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
2 large bell peppers, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
1 tsp. dried oregano
Freshly ground black pepper
- Dip cabbage leaves in a large pot of boiling water for 30 seconds; using tongs. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Heat a tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers and season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook until onions and peppers are tender, about 5 minutes; stirring constantly.
- Transfer cooked onion and pepper to a plate and add in remaining tablespoon oil.
- Add steak in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Sear for about 2 minutes per side until steak is cooked to your liking.
- Return onion and peppers to skillet and toss to combine. Add an even layer of provolone on top. Cover with a lid and cook until cheese melts, about a minute.
- Place a scoop of steak mixture onto the center of a cabbage leaf. Fold short end of leaf over filling, then roll up long sides- like a burrito.
- Repeat until no filling and cabbage leaves remain. Serve immediately with a sauce to your choice.