Ice Cream Poke Cake
Fluffy and flavorful, this Ice Cream Poke Cake surely melts in your mouth right with the first bite. It’s also one of the cutest ways to enjoy ice cream. As having a sweet tooth, I fall for this cake from the moment I tasted it. I love serving it as dessert at family weekend gatherings and big occasions. Some of my guests even ask me for the recipe to make it at home. So good!
Ice Cream Poke CakeCourse: Dessert, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
If you are finding a delicious and creative dessert, just give this ice cream poke cake a go. Prepared within 20 minutes then kept in freezer until firm, this cake will fit your cooking time.
1 box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
2 c. chopped strawberries
4 1/2 c. heavy cream, divided
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract, divided
3 tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tbsp. sugar
pinch of kosher salt
Chocolate sauce, for garnish
Rainbow sprinkles, for garnish
Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º and spray a 9″-x-13” pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine chopped strawberries and sugar in a medium bowl, toss to coat. Set aside.
- Pour 2 1/2 cups heavy cream in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until medium peaks form.
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla until totally combined. Gently fold in strawberries.
- Poke holes all over cake; using the bottom of a spoon. Pour strawberry cream mixture into poke holes and spread with a spatula. Keep in freezer and freeze until firm, 5 hours.
- Combine remaining 2 cups heavy cream and remaining teaspoon vanilla in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form.
- Top cake with the whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate, sprinkles and Maraschino cherries. Serve.