Slutty Pumpkin Bars
I have got interested with pumpkin desserts and snacks recently. These Slutty Pumpkin Bars are one of my favorite. They’re a perfect layers of brownie cake mix, Oreos, and cheesecake. These bars are then topped with more crusted Oreos, baked until done, and chilled in the refrigerator. You can top them with drizzles of warm caramel before serving. Who can resist them? I know that I can’t.
Slutty Pumpkin BarsCourse: Snacks, DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
These sluttly pumpkin bars are great for game day viewing parties. They feed a hungry crowd so well. Believe us!
1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
16 Oreos, plus more for topping
12 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2/3 c. pumpkin puree
2/3 c. granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Pinch kosher salt
Warm caramel, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare an 8″-x-8″ baking dish lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil leaving a 2″ overhang.
- Transfer brownie batter onto pan. Top with a layer of Oreos and set aside.
- To make cheesecake layer: In a large bowl using a hand or standing mixer, beat cream cheese until completely smooth. Add pumpkin, sugar, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and salt and continue to beat until smooth.
- Pour over cookie mixture. Top with crushed Oreos and bake until center is only very slightly jiggly and sides are just starting to peel away from the pan, about 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Place in refrigerator until completely chilled, at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
- Remove cheesecake bars from baking dish and slice. Drizzle with warm caramel before serving.