Easy Vinegar Marinated Cucumbers
Want something tasty and easy made with cucumbers? This vinegar marinated cucumbers are right up your street. I make it at least 3 times a month. The reason is simple. It pairs well with baked roasted, and grilled meats and seafood. My family prefer eating these marinated cucumbers with grilled chicken skewers during scorching days. The fresh juicy taste of cucumbers are easy to build up our appetite for meal. So good!
Cucumbers are marinated with apple cider, red onion, salt and sugar, then refrigerate at least 20 minutes. It takes you only 10 minutes to prepare. For veggie lovers and cucumber fans, this side dish is definitely adding to daily meals. Stop by a store and throw only 5 ingredients to the cart, and you can make tasty and flavorful vinegar marinated cucumbers of your own.
As cucumbers are available at stores at any time of the year, you can enjoy this side dish whenever you love to. I even make it to start the meal at weekend gatherings and small parties. It treats my guests well while consuming less time. You ready to make them at home? Here we go!
Easy Vinegar Marinated CucumbersCourse: Salads, SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Cucumbers are marinated with apple cider, red onion, salt and sugar, then refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
1 red onion
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar (or more to taste)
1/2 cup water
- Peel and cut cucumbers into thin slices.
- Cut onion in half then cut into very thin slices.
- Add onions and cucumbers in a large Ziploc bag.
- Gather other ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Pour vinegar mixture over cucumbers and onions.
- Press out air (as much as possible) and seal bag.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove, drain liquid and serve in a bowl. Serve.
- For the leftovers, store in a jar or air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.