Smashed Blackberry & Goat Cheese Toasts
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsps sugar
- 3 tbsps water
- 1 – 2 tsps cornstarch, sifted
- 8 oz challah bread, sliced (or your bread of choice!)
- 4 oz goat cheese
- fresh mint to garnish
- In a medium-sized saucepan combine the blackberries, blueberries, vanilla, sugar, and water (covered) over a medium low flame. Once simmering and the fruit begins to burst (about 5 minutes) gently mash with a fork or potato masher, then whisk in the cornstarch until well incorporated.* Cover once more and simmer over a low flame until needed.
- Meanwhile, toast the challah bread as desired — I recommend extra crispy.
- When ready, smear each slice of challah bread with a thick layer of goat cheese, then spoon over with the smashed blackberries. Garnish with mint, then eat!
*add 1 tsp if you want the blackberries more runny, 2 tsps for a thicker texture!