Avocado Egg Breakfast Toast
Avocado Egg Breakfast ToastCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 medium eggs
1 ripe avocado, mashed
2 1/4 inch thick slices of artisan bread, lightly toasted
3–4 heirloom tomato slices
Handful of microgreens
Fresh dill and cilantro, roughly chopped
Butter or extra virgin olive oil
Chili flakes, ground black pepper to garnish
- Spread toasted bread with mashed avocado.
- Add tomato slices, microgreens, and herbs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter or olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-low heat.
- Gently crack eggs into pan, keeping them separate. Cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes, until whites are set.
- Remove and place fried eggs on each avocado toast.
- Top with remaining herbs. Sprinkle with chili flakes and fresh ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately.