Quick and Easy Fish Stew
Quick and Easy Fish StewCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
1 1/2 lb. fish fillets (halibut, cod, red snapper, or sea bass), cut into 2-inch pieces
8 oz. of clam juice (or shellfish stock)
1 1/2 cups of fresh chopped tomato OR 1 can of whole or crushed tomatoes with their juices
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup dry white wine (like Sauvignon blanc)
1 medium onion, chopped
3 large garlic cloves, minced
2/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Pinch of dry oregano
Pinch of dry thyme
2 teaspoons tomato paste (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large thick-bottomed pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook a minute more. Stir in parsley and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato and tomato paste, and gently cook for 10 minutes or so.
- Add clam juice, dry white wine, and fish. Bring to a simmer and cook until fish is cooked through and easily flakes apart, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add seasoning (oregano, thyme, Tabasco). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Serve with crusty bread,