Sautéed Cabbage and Kielbasa
Sautéed Cabbage and KielbasaCourse: AppetizersCuisine: PolishDifficulty: Medium
1 medium green cabbage, thinly sliced and core removed
16 ounces kielbasa, sliced into 1/4″ rounds
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp paprika
2 cloves garlic minced
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet with oil on medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until it’s nicely browned, about 7-10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium once it gets going. Remove kielbasa from the pan and set aside.
- Add butter and onion to pan. Cook for 3 minutes until onion is translucent; stirring occasionally.
- Add cabbage to pan. Cover with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes; stirring fairly often.
- Once cabbage is tender-crisp and done to your desire, add in garlic and paprika. Stir until it’s combined.
- Return sausage to skillet and cook for 2 more minutes until it’s heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.