Eggplant Pull-Apart “Bread”
Nothing is better than a delicious and creative vegetable food. This Eggplant Pull-Apart “Bread” is one of them. Eggplant is cored into a large crosshatch pattern (about ¾ of the way through), brushed with a mixture of olive oil, Parmesan, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper, stuffed with shredded mozzarella, wrapped in foil, and baked until tender and melty. Coming out cheesy and flavorful, this eggplant surely gets you hooked. Yummy!
Eggplant Pull-Apart “Bread”Course: Dinner, Lunch, SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This eggplant pull-apart bread is one of my favorite recipes for eggplants. My family just fall for it and love it for weekend meals.
4 medium or 2 large eggplants
1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add olive oil, Parmesan, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper to a small bowl, mix to combine.
- Score each eggplant into a large crosshatch pattern, make sure not to cut all the way through.
- Brush with oil mixture, making sure it gets into the cracks. Then, stuff with mozzarella.
- Wrap each eggplant in foil, transfer to a large baking sheet, and bake until eggplants are tender and cheese is melty, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Serve immediately.