Baked Honey Berry Oatmeal
Baked Honey Berry OatmealCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
- Dry Mixture
2 cups quick-cook oats
1 tsp baking powder
⅓ cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
- Wet Mixture
2 cups frozen mixed berries
2 cups nonfat milk
½ tbsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsps. honey
1½ tbsp. melted butter
¼ cup pecans, separated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a 2-quart baking dish.
- Gather oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, honey, and butter in another bowl. Set aside.
- Layer half of berries in baking dish. Top evenly with dry oat mixture. Pour on wet mixture. Add rest of berries on top, along with roughly chopped pecans.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until oats have absorbed the liquid.
- Remove from oven. Serve hot or cold!
- If you use non-quick cook oats, increase your baking time to 35-40 minutes.