Cozy Autumn Wild Rice Soup
Cozy Autumn Wild Rice SoupCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 cup uncooked wild rice
6 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium carrots, diced
2 ribs celery, diced
1 large (about 1 pound) sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 small white onion, peeled and diced
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
3 tablespoons butter
2 large handfuls of kale, roughly chopped with thick stems removed
Kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- Combine vegetable stock, wild rice, mushrooms, garlic, carrots, celery, sweet potato, onion, bay leaf and Old Bay seasoning in an instant pot. Stir briefly to combine.
- Cover and set vent to “sealing”. Cook on manual (high pressure) for 25 minutes.
- Once done, let it rest there for an extra 10 minutes (natural release). Then carefully turn the vent to “venting” and release remaining pressure (quick release). Remove lid and discard bay leaf.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour until combined, and cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk, and whisk until combined. Cook until thickened; stirring frequently.
- Add in cream sauce and kale, and stir gently until combined. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve warm store in an airtight container in fridge for up to 4 days.