Easy 20-Minutes Fish Stew
This Easy 20-Minute Fish Stew is one of my family’s favorite for dinner! It’s wild cod stewed with sour cream, coconut milk, tomato paste, diced tomato, red bell pepper, green pepper, white onion, herbs, and spices. A number of ingredients combine together! The mixture tastes crazy good and looks super impressive. My family all fall in love with it. Perfect!
This cod stew is hearty and crave-worthy main course for winter’s days. Serving it with bowls of white rice (or brown rice), and you will have a delicious and nutritious meal. If you are trying to cut the carbs, you may eat this fish with cauliflower rice. It fills your empty stomach while keeping you stick to your diet.
If you are a fan of cod fish, you should never miss this stew for dinner. Although cod is eaten less often than salmon and tuna and other seafood, it’s great to vary your meal with it. I’ve made this cod stew twice this month and my kids still love it. And you, ready to add it to your menu? Let’s get started!
Easy 20-Minutes Fish StewCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
This Easy 20-Minute Fish Stew is one of my family’s favorite for dinner! It’s wild cod stewed with sour cream, coconut milk, tomato paste, diced tomato, red bell pepper, green pepper, white onion, herbs, and spices.
1 1/2 lb wild cod
1/2 cup Hood Sour Cream
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp. tomato paste
15 oz. can diced tomato
1 whole red bell pepper, sliced
1 whole green pepper, sliced
1/2 whole white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp. fresh cilantro
1 pinch sea salt + pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and fry until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add can of diced tomato and stir well.
- Stir in coconut milk, Hood Sour Cream and tomato paste. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sliced peppers and cod chunks. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cover and let simmer for 10-12 minutes. About 3/4 of the way, carefully turn cod pieces that are not completely immersed in broth.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle fresh cilantro. Serve over a bed of quinoa or rice.