This eggplant version of bacon surely gets you hooked. Eggplant is cut into thin strips, brushed with a tasty mix of olive oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, paprika, and liquid smoke, then baked until cooked through and crispy. Flavorful and low in carbs, this Eggplant “Bacon” are perfect for keto and low-carb diets. Get ready to give it a try?
Eggplant “Bacon”Course: Sides, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This eggplant “bacon” is one of my favorite recipes for eggplants. It’s great to make all year and quite simple to do it. Have fun!
1 medium eggplant
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. Liquid Smoke
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Prepare 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Cut eggplant in quarters, lengthwise. Slice each quarter into long, thin strips.
- Add olive oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, paprika, and liquid smoke to a small bowl, whisk to combine.
- Transfer eggplant slices onto baking sheets and brush both sides with sauce. Season with pepper.
- Bake until eggplant is cooked through and beginning to get crisp, 45-50 minutes. Serve.