Paprika Chicken & Rice
Here is my new favorite. Paprika Chicken & Rice. Chicken is seasoned with salt, pepper, and paprika, seared until golden, then cooked with a creamy mixture of garlic, peppers, paprika, rice, chicken broth and heavy cream until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through. Coming out delicious and flavorful, this rice chicken is great for dinner. My family just fall for it.
Paprika Chicken & RiceCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
Chicken is coming, why don’t you make this paprika chicken and rice for dinner? Spend 50 minutes, and it’s ready on your dining table.
4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
1 c. rice
1 1/2 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. heavy cream
2 c. baby spinach
2 tsp. paprika, divided
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
Freshly ground black pepper
- Season chicken all over with salt, pepper, and 1 tsp paprika.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear until golden, about 6 to 8 minutes. Flip and cook 3 minutes more, then transfer to a plate skin-side up; set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan and heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add peppers and cook until slightly tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and remaining paprika.
- Stir in rice, chicken broth and heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Bring chicken back to skillet and cover with a lid. Simmer until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Fold in spinach until wilted. Serve immediately.