Crock-Pot Chicken and Dumplings
This Crock-Pot Chicken and Dumplings was a staple for dinner of my family in a long time. We love eating them while it’s cold outside. All family gather and enjoy a hearty, and tangy good after a long week at work and study. Nothing is better than that, right? This chicken is additionally easy to make. Its recipe is here, just give it a try if you get interested.
Crock-Pot Chicken and DumplingsCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
If you love hearty chicken dishes, you should never miss this crock pot chicken and dumplings for dinner.
1 1/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 (10.5-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1 bay leaf
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 c. frozen peas, thawed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (16.3-oz.) can refrigerated biscuits
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp. dried oregano
Freshly ground black pepper
4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Scatter onion in bottom of a large slow cooker then place in chicken. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in soup and broth then add thyme and bay leaf. Cover and cook on high until chicken is cooked through, about 3 hours.
- Discard thyme and bay leaf, then shred chicken with two forks.
- Add in celery, carrots, peas, and garlic. Cut biscuits into small pieces, then stir into chicken mixture. Spoon liquid over any biscuits at the top.
- Cook on high until vegetables are tender and biscuits are cooked through, stirring every 30 minutes, about 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes more.