Greek Stuffed Chicken
Having an appetite for Greek food for today’s dinner? This Greek Stuffed Chicken is right up your street. It’s chicken breasts, cut slits, drizzled all over with a flavorful mix of olive oil, lemon juice, dill, parsley, and garlic, stuffed with zucchini, tomatoes, red onion, and lemons, topped with crumbled feta and mozzarella, and baked until cooked through. Coming out delicious and flavorful, this chicken surely keeps you amazed!
Greek Stuffed ChickenCourse: Dinner, MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
If you have craving for chicken, just give this Greek Stuffed Chicken a try. It’s an appealing family dinner that does not require much effort to make.
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
2 medium tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced into half moons
2 lemons, halved and thinly sliced
1 c. crumbled feta
1 c. shredded mozzarella
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp. chopped dill, plus more for garnish
1 tbsp. chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Lay chicken on a cutting board and make 5 slits in each breast, making sure not to cut through completely. Transfer to a small baking sheet.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, dill, parsley, and garlic to a small bowl, whisk to combine. Drizzle over chicken breasts, making sure olive oil mixture gets in slits. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff each chicken breast with zucchini, tomatoes, red onion, and lemons. Sprinkle crumbled feta and mozzarella on top.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Top with more dill and parsley to garnish. Serve warm.