Chicken Enchilada Pie
Your taste buds are in a treat with this Chicken Enchilada Pie. Tortillas are baked, arranged into a crust, filled with delicious layers of enchiladas shredded chicken, corn, black beans, shredded cheddar, and shredded Monterey jack, respectively. Who can resist it? My family can’t. My kids and I go crazy for it from the moment we taste it. They even ask me to make it for weekend meals. Yummy!
Chicken Enchilada PieCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This chicken enchilada pie is one of the best recipes to make with chicken. Ready in 1 hour, it’s also great to Friday’s dinner.
5 medium flour tortillas
1 (19-oz.) can enchilada sauce
3 c. shredded chicken
1 (15-oz.) can corn, drained
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
3 c. shredded cheddar
3 c. shredded monterey jack
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
Pico de gallo, for serving
Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
Sour cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9” springform pan with cooking spray.
- Place 4 tortillas in bottom of pan, pressing up sides. Bake until lightly golden, about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add enchilada sauce and chicken and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- To assemble pie: Add even layer of chicken on top of baked tortilla crust then top with half the corn, black beans, and cheeses. Repeat process with remaining ingredients; then place remaining tortilla on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until tortillas are deeply golden and cheese is melted, 40 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then garnish with pico de gallo, cilantro, and sour cream.