Parmesan Zucchini Fritters
Healthy, tangy and delicious, these Parmesan Zucchini Fritters are a “must-serve” side dish for any meal. If you are finding a way to get your kids eat zucchini without getting bored, just go for these fritters. My kids and I have been big fans of them from the moment we gave them a try. Weekend is coming, I’m serving this alongside garlic baked chicken. It’s worth waiting for!
Parmesan Zucchini FrittersCourse: Sides, AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These parmesan zucchini fritters are quite easy to make and fun to eat. Just give them a try to jazz up boring zucchini meals.
1 lb. zucchini (about 2 large)
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 Onion, finely chopped
3 large eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 c. marinara
1 tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
- Using a box grater, grate zucchini. Using a cheesecloth or clean dishtowel, squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Add shredded zucchini, onion, eggs, and garlic powder to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Mix in Parmesan and flour and stir until fully incorporated.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Scoop ¼ cup batter into skillet, flatten to form a fritter and cook until golden, 2 minutes per side.
- Combine marinara with basil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Serve fritters with sauce.