Rustic Cucumber and Tomato Salad
A flavorful green salad that you can make at any time? This rustic cucumber and tomato salad is a definitely worth recommending. Cucumber pairs with tomato, along with red onion, parsley, cilantro, brown sugar and spices. The mix comes out tasty and flavorful. When I served them for meal for the first time, my family fell for it right away. Yummy!
As super impressive, this fresh green salad is also perfect for parties and gatherings. Serving at the beginning of the meal, it will build up your appetite. Feeding a hungry crowd without providing much carbs, this salad is worth, right? I made it for a weekend meals of family and closed friends ahead of new year and they all loved it. Some of them even asked me for the recipe to make a good one of their own. It is considered as a compliment for any chef-of-home, right?
If you love cucumbers and tomatoes or just want to make your salad life less boring, you should give this salad a go. Need only 20 minutes to prepare and one hour or more to refrigerate, this salad is worth adding to busy meals. You get ready to have them at your meal? Here we go!
Rustic Cucumber and Tomato SaladCourse: Appetizers, SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Cucumber pairs with tomato, along with red onion, parsley, cilantro, brown sugar and spices. The mix comes out tasty and flavorful.
- For Vegetables
5 large tomatoes, fresh and fully ripe
1 English cucumber, fresh and firm
1/2 large red onion
1 pinch brown sugar
2 tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley
2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 pinch kosher salt
1 pinch black pepper
- For Dressing
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp kosher salt
2 garlic cloves, pressed
freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Remove core of tomatoes, cut into 6-8 wedges, then cut each wedge in half.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes with brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Toss well.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, then slice into 1/4″ thick slices. Add cucumbers into tomato bowl.
- Cut half of red onion into thinly crosswise slices. Then, cut in half, or leave as is. Add to cucumbers and tomatoes. Add chopped parsley and cilantro and combine well.
- Gather all ingredients for dressing into a small bowl. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour dressing evenly over vegetables and toss gently; using both hands. Cover with plastic and let sit at room temperature until ready to serve, for 1 to 6 hours.
- Then serve and store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.