Chicken and Rice Soup
It’s freezing outside! It’s perfect time to make hearty and comforting foods, right? A serving does not only warm up your body right but also boosts your energy levels. Chicken and Rice Soup is then worth recommending. I’ve served it several times for dinner since the beginning of winter and it actually got us hooked. Delicious and flavorful while ready in less than 1 hour. That’s all!
Chicken and rice come together with carrot, celery, evaporated milk, chicken broth, spices and herbs. The mix ends up with taste, flavor and texture. Imagining, you’ve just got home from outside, then a bowl of this chicken and rice soup surely works with you. I prefer this soup for busy weekday’s meals. Sometimes, I make it in advance, store in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat before serving. It makes my cooking time much easier when I’m constantly tired after work.
If you are finding something comforting during winter’s days, you should never miss this chicken and rice soup. To reduce the amount of carbs you consume, you can swap white right with brown rice or even cauliflower rice. It still tastes good. Let’s get started!
Chicken and Rice SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
Chicken and rice come together with carrot, celery, evaporated milk, chicken broth, spices and herbs. The mix ends up with taste, flavor and texture.
2 chicken breasts
1 cup brown rice
5 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 cup evaporated milk
1 onion, minced
3 large carrot, peeled and diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 tbsp. oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
- Heat oil in a large soup pot on medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, until onion turns golden.
- Add garlic, parsley and thyme and cook for another minute.
- Stir in chicken, broth, salt and pepper. Add rice and stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables and rice are tender; stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred with a fork. Return to pot with evaporated milk.
- Garnish with parsley if desired. Serve.