Apple Pie Bread Bowl
Apple pie never gets me bored with! It’s sweet and tangy, and perfectly fits my taste. This Apple Pie Bread Bowl is one of my guilt pleasures. Boule is cut off top, hollowed out to create a bowl, filled with a delicious mix of sliced apples, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, covered with top, brushed all over with butter, and sprinkled with coarse sugar. It’s then wrapped loosely in foil and baked until apple mixture is tender and bread is golden. Who can’t resist it?
Apple Pie Bread BowlCourse: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This apple pie bread bowl is one of my favorites for breakfast and snack. If you get interested, do not hesitate to give it a go.
5 assorted apples (Granny Smith, Honey Crisp,Gala), peeled and sliced
2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Pinch fine sea salt
1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
Coarse sugar, for sprinkling
Warm caramel, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut top off of loaf, set aside, and hollow out inside to create a bowl.
- Combine apples, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl, mix well.
- Scoop apple mixture to into bread bowl, making sure to fully stuff it.
- Place the top back on, brush all over with butter, and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Wrap loosely in foil and bake until apple mixture is tender and bread is golden, 1 hour.
- Top with drizzles of caramel. Serve.